On April 23rd, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the phased reduction of lockdown restrictions that began on May 1st. Below are the updated regulations you need to know about the level 4 lockdown.
- The sale of tobacco, tobacco products, e-cigarettes and related products is prohibited.
- You must wear a face mask whenever you are in public
- You may walk, run or cycle between 6am and 9am within a 5km radius of your home.
- Restaurants will be allowed to reopen only for food deliveries from9am to 7pm. No pick-up or sit-in allowed.
- The retail of winter clothing, footwear, bedding and heaters as well as components and fabrics required to manufacture these are allowed.
The President stressed that people are still encouraged to stay at home, except for essential services workers and those in sectors that are permitted to reopen. Businesses that can reopen are expected to first meet health and safety guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.
For more on lockdown regulations, visit The South African Government